Many parts of the United States experience intense winter conditions. During the winter months, it is important to keep the sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots ice-free and clean. This is where the importance of ice melt comes. It makes the road safe for driving. However, ice melters can be harmful to your pets. Some ice melts can cause serious problems in your dog’s health when ingested, such as irritation to paws, skin, or mucous membranes after exposure.
Ice melts are made of different types of salt. Calcium chloride, sodium chloride, and potassium chloride are some of the most popular ice melt products in the country. Even if your pets don’t ingest the ice-melt deliberately, they might be exposed to the danger when they lick their feet after walking through a surface that is recently treated by ice melt. They might also eat snow that has ice melts in it. Also, some pets may find the salty taste of ice melts interesting and eat it directly from packages if given the opportunity.
Stomach upset, vomiting, and diarrhea are some of the most common issues pets face after ingesting ice melts. In some cases, vomiting and diarrhea can be intense and result in dehydration. The severeness of the sickness depends on the size of the pet and how much they consume. More serious health issues such as seizures and tremors can arise if too much ingestion of ice melt led to an elevation of sodium level in the blood. If the ice melt product contains calcium chloride, then ulceration of the mouth can take place. If you are looking to buy pet-friendly salt ice melt in Long Valley, NJ, and Far Hills, NJ, then come to Anytime Property Maintenance LLC today.
1. Don’t let your dog eat any salt or snow outside that could have been treated with ice melt products recently.
2. Always wipe your pet’s paws when they get inside. Clean their paws with baby wipes and a damp cloth. Also, don’t let them lick their paw until it is completely clean.
3. Try to keep all ice melt products out of your pet’s reach
It is important to use it carefully. You can also use pet-friendly ice melts such as urea or magnesium chloride. However, when ingested it may also cause stomach upset but it is a safer ingredient compared to other ice melters. Contact Anytime Property Maintenance LLC to get pet-friendly salt ice melt in Long Valley, NJ, and Far Hills, NJ. Visit our website https://www.hireapmnow.com/ to know more information. Call us on (908) 323-5741 to get further details.